Fort Wayne Chapter, American Sewing Guild
February 2024 Neighborhood Group Meetings
& Upcoming Chapter Events
Happy Valentine’s Day/Month! Celebrate by sharing your love of sewing, quilting, machine embroidering and all things sewing with us. Here’s what’s coming up this month.
* Tuesday, Feb. 13 – Machine Embroidery NG, 10 a.m. to noon at Peace Lutheran Church. 4900 Fairfield Ave., Fort Wayne. Janice Pemberton will present how to make a welt pocket using machine embroidery. Contact Sherry Filson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Monday, Feb. 19 (weather permitting) – Van Wert Sew Creative NG, 10 a.m. to noon at Trinity Friends Church, 605 North Franklin St., Van Wert, Ohio. Jill Metzger from Decatur will take us on her pattern-making journey for Annie’s Crafts in Berne. Also, attendees are asked to bring a pin cushion that is either an heirloom or a favorite and be prepared to talk about it. Contact Marilyn Morgan (email@example.com)
* Tuesday, Feb. 20 – Garment District NG, 10 a.m. to noon, in a private home. (January meeting was canceled due to weather.) This year Garment District is going to be making a blouse, learning various techniques through the course of the year that include how to sew a collar with a stand, how to do a front placket and sleeve placket and how to do buttonholes with your embroidery machine. Please bring a blouse that fits you well and a pattern that has a collar with a separate stand, front placket opening and long sleeves with cuffs. Contact Darlene Hoover (Darlene.Hoover@Yahoo.com)
* Tuesday, Feb. 27 – Pieced Together NG, 10 a.m. to noon at Peace Lutheran Church. (January meeting was canceled due to weather.) Time to finish the second Hero Quilt to be donated to a veteran’s facility in Indianapolis. Bring your sewing machine or man the iron – there are many blocks to put together! Contact Brenda Gensic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* * *
* Angel Gowns Sewing Day will be held Friday, Feb. 9 in
Conference Room C at PRMC from
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Everyone is welcome – bring a friend! If you can sew a ¼-inch seam, you can sew an angel gown! Contact Barb Kramer (email@example.com)
* Southwest Sews will begin meeting monthly at the UAW Local 2209 Union Hall, 5820 East 900 North, Roanoke (near the GM Plant) next month. Date and time to be announced – watch for information on Groupworks. Contact Debbie Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Sew Fun NG is on hiatus for the rest of the year while we look for a permanent leader. It was initially called Sew Inclined and has been a staple of our chapter for many years. It is our only evening group. Please contact Marilyn Morgan, chapter president, if you are interested.
Yippee! Special Event … Our annual Mystery Quilt!
It’s almost here! Fabric requirements and the first cutting instructions can be found on GroupWorks and our website. The fun begins on YouTube, Saturday, February 10 at 10 a.m. and every hour thereafter until all the “clues” are revealed. If you are a first timer, just visit our You-Tube channel and watch previous Mystery Quilt videos to see what to expect. Find our YouTube channel by searching for @asgftwayne398.
And coming up …
April 23-26 – Tuesday through Friday will be our Annual Chapter Sewing Retreat in Shipshewana. We have some surprises in store for you! If you haven’t already, reserve your sleeping room at the Blue Gate Garden Inn. Be sure to tell them you are with the Fort Wayne Chapter, ASG to get a room at our group rate. The registration sheet for the sewing room can be found on GroupWorks and our website at www.asgfortwayne.org. Start planning your UFOs or new projects to bring – we always have fun!